CPAs in Carlsbad, California
Individuals and Business
Cardin and Company’s CPAs in Carlsbad provide general accounting services such as preparation and compilation of financial statements. Our most important clients are smaller businesses that seek a controller presence but cannot afford it.
At Cardin and Company, our services will help streamline record keeping and reduce bookkeeping errors. We provide our clients the opportunity to outsource accounting tasks, and maintain accurate financial records.
Our accounting services include preparation of financial statements, comparison of expenses with the budget for the current period and year to date, verifying that all expenses and income have been recorded for the period, making the required adjustments, and ensuring that the financial statements are accurate and represent the actual financial condition of the business.
Additionally we provide bookkeeping services which include posting the financial transactions to the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and reconciling monthly bank statements.
Probates – Guardianships – Conservatorships – Trusts
As a court-appointed executor, guardian, or conservator, you are required to file an Annual Accounting with the court. As a Trustee, you may also be expected to provide an Annual Accounting to the beneficiaries of the Trust. These accountings must meet the criteria set by the Rules of the Court.
Each year the Annual Accounting must include a complete and accurate account including (but not limited to) the following information:
- Receipts and disbursements of principal and income that have occurred during the accounting period.
- Assets and liabilities of the trust as of the beginning of the period and as of the end of the period covered by the accounting.
As a dual-service legal and accounting firm, we provide an added benefit to our clients with our familiarity of the accounting and legal aspects that must be met for guardianships, conservatorships, probates and trusts. We have experience with estates of all sizes.
Forensic Accounting (Divorce and Child Support)
When ex-spouses distrust each other, it is advisable to engage the services of a lawyer, especially if one or both do not understand their household finances and the economic implications of marital settlements. In turn, attorneys often hire CPAs as forensic accountants to help represent the spouse who doesn’t have access to the family’s financial information. In these cases, the forensic analysis might include reviewing financial data to determine its accuracy and reasonableness; determining each spouse’s standard of living and disposable income; locating hidden assets; and determining what property may be considered separate from marital property, especially if one of the spouses runs a closely-held business.
Successfully uncovering the omissions of a dishonest spouse requires a high level of experience and tenacity by the accountant/attorney team. We have worked with many attorneys in uncovering under-reported assets and income in divorce and child support cases.
Our CPAs in Carlsbad offer several services in this area, including:
- Valuation of assets in marital estate including stock options, retirement accounts such as pensions, and other various investments;
- Cash flow analyses including developing projections of cash available and necessary for living expenses and growth of savings, or projections to indicate cash excess or shortage in future years;
- Investigating possible missing assets, suspected hidden income, double-counted expenses, hidden income, undervalued businesses, and unreported, partially reported, and undervalued assets;
- Net worth, lifestyle, and spending analyses to assess appropriate spending levels and needs based on established lifestyles; and,
- Settlement projections of cash available for living expenses and growth of savings.